Workhub Made Simple Terms & Conditions
We/our/us refers to Workhub
You/your refers to the Workhub Member/Subscriber/Customer
Our aim is to help you grow your startup business by providing you with a low cost and flexible space to create, collaborate and concentrate. Please note, none of the following grants you - as a member - rights of occupation or security of tenure.
2. Expected behaviour
By respecting the Workhub and each other, you can benefit from a great working environment. By signing up to Workhub you agree to abide by the following Code of Conduct:
- Leave desks, breakout areas and meeting rooms as you found them
- Eat food in the communal kitchen area and avoid eating smelly food
- Put all used glasses, mugs, plates and any other appropriate kitchenware in the dishwasher
- Avoid sleeping on the premises
- Do not do anything illegal on the premises
- Refrain from any behaviour that could be deemed intimidating, abusive, discriminatory or derogatory towards your fellow Workhub members and Workhub staff
- Be considerate of those around you. If you witness unacceptable behaviour or someone in distress, help if you can or report it to a member of staff
3. Use of facilities
- Workhub membership entitles you to the use of free internet access as well as tea/coffee and kitchen facilities in accordance with our code of conduct
- Workhub requires Members to be wholly compliant with the relevant provisions of the Digital Economy Act 2010 when using the provided internet connection
- Workhub membership gives you eligibility to book private meeting rooms in accordance with section 10
- Lockers can be hired on a monthly basis by members. If a member does not remove property from the locker at the end of the rental period or allows rental charges to fall into arrears then Workhub have the right to remove and dispose of any such property and shall incur no liability to any Member.
- Workhub accepts no liability whatsoever for the safety or security or for the loss of (including by theft) or damage to any property stored in any locker
- Locker keys remain the property of the Made Simple Group and must be returned on the final day of the membership subscription period, failure to do so will result in a £15 charge
- Those attending our premises to use coworking space, fixed desks, private offices or meeting rooms must keep their personal belongings with them at all times and we accept no liability for damage to or loss of personal belongings
- Workhub does not accept any liability for any loss (including theft) of any property from our premises
- Workhub is not responsible for any property you leave behind. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have retrieved all of your personal items before leaving
- To the extent permitted by law, you, on your own behalf and on behalf of your employees, agents, guests and invitees, waive any and all claims and rights against us and our affiliates, parents, and successors and each of our and their employees, assignees, officers, agents and directors resulting from injury or damage to, or destruction, theft, or loss of, any property, person or pet and release Workhub from any such claims
- Appropriate use of the internet is expected - be mindful of downloading files that may slow down the wifi and try and avoid excessive or unnecessary use (e.g. streaming Netflix all day in Super HD)
- Guests are welcome if they have a day pass. They will need to create a Workhub account and ID will be required on their first visit
- Access to Workhub is subject to sufficient space being available and to ensuring compatibility with the Workhub objectives
- Members must ensure that their behaviour and that of their visitors is appropriate at all times and in accordance with our Code of Conduct
- If you plan to make telephone calls, be aware of your noise levels and those around you; maybe take a seat on one of our acoustic sofas or come upstairs to our breakout space
4. Membership Plans
- Monthly access is measured in 12-hour day units. The space is open on weekdays between 8am and 8pm.
- Monthly access allowances start on the day the membership subscription payment is received
- Unused day pass credits cannot be carried over
- Where a member runs out of passes, additional time pass(es) may be purchased from the dashboard on a member's account. Prices and expiry of the additional pass(es) are as detailed on the member's account and are separate to those included in the monthly plans.
- Workhub membership subscription charges are payable in advance by direct debit or by credit/debit card and run for a calendar month and renew automatically.
- Failure to pay or late payment of membership charges or other charges may result in Workhub terminating membership
- Cancellation requires 1 month's written notice
- Membership plans may be upgraded at any time and the additional day benefits will be added to your account immediately. The cost of upgrading will be pro-rated and the full new plan price charged on the 1st of the following month.
- To downgrade your membership plan to a lower priced package requires 1 month’s written notice. The new plan will start immediately after the notice period.
- Payment for any other service(s) provided to Members must be made in advance by credit card or in arrears by direct debit as advised at the point of ordering or booking the service(s)
- The Workhub will be closed on UK bank holidays
- We reserve the right to make changes to opening hours and days
- Workhub is not obliged to refund any amounts for a period when membership is unused
- Workhub may at any time alter these terms and conditions, the packages offered and the level of membership charges for Workhub membership and services at 14 days notice via the Website.
5. Workhub Website
- Workhub owns and/or controls www.workhubmadesimple.com and all related Workhub domains including but not limited to https://members.workhubmadesimple.com. These domains are referred to as the Website. You are a visitor to the Website or user of the Website.
- By accessing the Website you agree to these terms and conditions and confirm that you will fully comply with them.
6. Intellectual property rights
- All trade marks, copyright, patents, design rights and intellectual property rights in and on the Website are owned by Workhub.
- Reproduction of the Website in any form is strictly prohibited other than for personal use or internal business use. All copyright notices in the original material must be retained. The Website must not be changed, decompiled, disassembled or reverse engineered for any commercial purpose.
- Your right to use the Website will stop immediately should you breach any of these terms.
7. Limitation of Liability
- Nothing in these terms limits or excludes our liability for our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be limited or excluded by English law.
- Workhub is not liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or liabilities (whether direct, indirect or consequential) resulting from the use of, access to, or reliance upon information contained in or available via the Website.
- Workhub is not liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading content on it, or on any Website linked to it.
- Workhub does not warrant that functions, materials and information available on the Website (and/or linked to the Website) will be uninterrupted or free from error or that defects will be corrected. Workhub may discontinue, suspend, withdraw or change all or any part of the Website without notice. Workhub is not liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- You are responsible for implementing necessary procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus checks and other security checks) to satisfy particular requirements for the accuracy and security of the data input and output. You are responsible for making all arrangements for you to have access to the Website and any charges associated with such access.
8. Lawful purposes
You may only use our Website, wifi network and Workhub office space for lawful purposes.
9. Uploading content and contacting other members
In uploading content to our Website via your membership account and/or where you communicate with other users, your communications and content must not:
- Include material that is offensive, hateful, obscene, inflammatory, sexually explicit, violent or defamatory of any person
- Promote discrimination based on any of the following: race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age
- Be threatening, abusive or invasive of another person's privacy, or cause an inconvenience or annoyance
- Promote illegal activity
- Be deceptive
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person
- Be made in breach of a legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
- Promote or assist any unlawful act such as (as an example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
- distribute unauthorised or unsolicited promotional material or advertising or, any junk mail or spam
- use personal information about other members, including (but not limited to) their names, email and postal addresses, except with their express consent
- contact other members for non-business related purposes
10. Links and other content
You are allowed to link to our Website provided you do so in a way that is legal, fair and does not take advantage of or damage our reputation. You must not use a link in any way that suggests association, endorsement or approval from us. We reserve the right to remove link permissions without notice.
11. Becoming a member
You must be aged 18 or over to create an account and sign up on our Website. The information you provide when you register must be true, accurate and complete. We reserve the right to refuse a request to register on our site or to become a member of Workhub.
12. Suspension and termination
If we determine that these terms have been breached, we will take appropriate action, such as, but not limited to, closing your account.
13. Meeting Room Usage
- Your booking is confirmed once full payment (by credit card or the use of a credit token) has been received. If payment is not received prior to the event, you can not use the room.
- Should your meeting run over and you wish to extend your booking, let reception know and they will charge you for the additional time. We reserve the right to cancel any future bookings made by you if you have any unpaid invoices on your account.
- If you wish to cancel your booking please email [email protected] quoting your booking reference and booking time/date. If you give at least 48 hours notice you will be entitled to a full refund. We do not offer refunds on cancellations with less than 48 hours notice. If you give less than 48 hours notice you will be able to either reschedule your booking or have a credit placed on your account for future use. The credit needs to be used within 6 months of issue. No refunds or credit will be given for failure to use the booking without notification.
- We reserve the right to transfer bookings to alternative rooms of similar price, size and quality in the event the original room is inaccessible.
- You must not participate in any illegal activity or any activity that causes disruption to other customers in the building.
- Any damaged caused to the space or equipment during your booking is your responsibility and will be chargeable.
- We take no responsibility for any items lost or stolen during your booking.
- You are welcome to purchase food externally, but you are responsible for cleaning up and disposing of rubbish.
These terms are subject to change without notice so should be checked regularly. Continued use of the Website will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
15. About us
Workhub is owned and operated by MadeSimple Group Ltd registered in England and Wales under company number 04214713. Our Registered office is 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU and our VAT number is 872070825.